Our world has drastically changed over the last week with the global spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus. We share in your commitment to health and safety during this serious and unprecedented pandemic outbreak. Everyone’s priorities have completely shifted toward taking all necessary precautions to slow the spread of this virus and protect the health and safety of our families and fellow citizens. We are all in this together, and Thompson Industrial Services is fully dedicated to doing our part to protect those most vulnerable and prevent further spreading of the virus.
Fogging is a safe and efficient way to clean industrial spaces with our specialized disinfection and sanitizing products.
What do we know?
As of May 22, 2020 there have been 5,232,431 reported cases of Coronavirus and 335,636 deaths. 1.623.352 of those cases were reported in the US, including 96,432 deaths 1. The numbers are growing every day, and it is more important than ever to slow the spread of this virus. What we know from the CDC about the novel Coronavirus and similar Coronaviruses is that they are most frequently spread from person to person within about a 6-foot range through respiratory droplets 2. However, transmission to persons from contaminated surfaces is also possible, and current evidence suggests that the novel Coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on these multiple surface types. The CDC explains, “cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in households and community settings.” We also know that there are several groups of people at higher risk, including older people and those with underlying health conditions. However, everyone is at risk and everyone’s activities can increase the risk for others, so it is critical that we all do our part to slow the spread of the Coronavirus.
Foaming is another way our trained professionals use our products to keep your facility and staff safe.
What can we do?
In a pamphlet from the White House, government officials have listed some important steps and precautions we should all take, including:
- Follow the directions of your state and local authorities
- Contact your medical provider if you feel sick
- Social distancing of 6-feet, and avoid social gatherings or areas of over 10 people
- Avoid discretionary travel such as shopping – stay home whenever possible
- Work from home when and if possible
- Practice good hygiene as recommended by the CDC – frequent hand washing, avoid touching your face and disinfect commonly touched surfaces. Use this resource for guidance at work, school, and home, and this one for prevention tips.
- Clean + disinfect using EPA-registered household disinfectants
Thompson has a fully trained response team prepared to combat and slow the current COVID-19 threat through proper Coronavirus cleaning, disinfecting/sanitizing and decontamination services specifically regulated for the current pandemic. We are also able to assist with disposal of any related biohazardous material. Related services including vacuuming, hydroblasting and dry ice cleaning are also available.
Thompson uses EPA-registered disinfectant products that have been qualified for use against SARS-CoV-2, the novel Coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The product can be fogged, misted or sprayed to thoroughly disinfect all touchable spaces.
This environmental disinfection process includes specific disinfection/sanitizing procedures that should only be performed by trained professionals with proper safety gear.
This environmental disinfection process includes specific disinfection/sanitizing procedures that should only be performed by trained professionals. Our response team is trained to help you combat further spread and cross-contamination of the virus. We’ll provide:
- Assessment + decontamination plan of area to be disinfected.
- Strict decontamination procedures consistent with CDC and OSHA guidelines. Use of Level C PPE including NIOSH approved full face respirators w/P-100 cartridges, Tyvek suits, layered gloves + more.
- Application of EPA-registered disinfectant per infection prevention + control protocols.
- Proper packaging + disposal of waste in compliance with regulatory agencies.
Call us today at 800-849-8040 to implement this crucial piece of your Pandemic Emergency Plan.